Welcome to European Real Estate Society Webpage
The European Real Estate Society (ERES) was established in 1994 to create an international real estate network between academics and professionals across Europe. ERES is dedicated to promoting and advancing the real estate discipline and specifically property based research throughout Europe. The Society incorporates national research societies, academic researchers, practitioners and doctoral students engaged in real estate. The core activities of ERES include an annual conference, industry seminars and education seminars.
The Journal of European Real Estate Research published in partnership with ERES provides a forum for the dissemination of research articles, information flow and debate on European real estate issues.
ERES is a non-profit organisation affiliated to the International Real Estate Society, an organisation which provides a wider contact base in real estate co-operation at a global level.
The objectives of ERES are:
- To encourage research and promote education in real estate and closely allied areas, especially in European Countries.
- To improve communication and exchange information in real estate and allied matters among college/university faculty members and practitioners who are teaching or engaging in research in property, real estate and land use.
- To facilitate the association of academic, practising professional and research persons in the area of real estate and closely allied areas.
- To encourage professionalism in practices related to real estate and closely allied areas as well as other activities promoting the purposes of the foundation.
- To organise events where researchers and educators in the broad area of real estate can interact.
- To organise events where researchers and decision-makers from both academia and practice can exchange their views with respect to the research needs in the field of real estate, but also discuss the best ways of using research results to enhance decision-making in the field to promote in any other feasible way the development of real estate research and education in Europe.